Review: Love & Gelato

Love & Gelato
by Jenna Evans Welch
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

What a super cute, for the most part, book. Lina's mother has died and sent her to Italy to meet Howard. Howard, who Lina assumes is her dad, but changes her mind as she reads her mother's journal of her time in Italy. I was angry at Lina's mom for keeping such secrets from her. I feel like she did her daughter a terrible disservice and I really don't understand the purpose of the secrets. Lina meets a lovely young man who she becomes friends with and he helps her with retracing her mother's steps in Florence and figuring things out. There are misunderstandings along the way but everything works out in the end. I'll buy this for my library. I think several students will love it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts