Review: Blood and Sand

Blood and Sand Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hook: Do you need any more than FEMALE Spartacus? I didn’t.

Attia is the last her of her people, Thracians conquered and killed by the Romans. Sold as a slave, given to a gladiator, she will have her revenge. Xanthus, the Champion of Rome, a slave himself, isn’t what she expected and a fragile friendship is formed. Pompeii is quite the political hotspot and as Attia learns more, her plan modifies.

This book! I thought it was going to end one way and it went another direction. Yes, you read it right--Pompeii--volcano--it’s an issue. But, it’s not the end, oh no, this is a series starter. Fortunately (?) the first chapter of the next book is at the end of this one. I have so many questions! The author’s note explains some of the timeline liberties taken. I’ll definitely be reading Fire and Ash.

See this on my Instagram with fun photos.

View all my reviews


Comments

Popular Posts