Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Ethan is counting the months until he can leave Gatlin for greener pastures, but when Lena, a girl he’s seen in his dreams moves to town, he now has a reason to stay.  There are secrets that if revealed could tear them apart.

I read Beautiful Creatures back in November 2010, and loved it.  The southern gothic feel of the atmosphere, the aspect of the star-crossed lovers, and the shared dreams between Lena and Ethan drew me into the world created Garcia and Stohl.  Knowing it was a series, tempered my enthusiasm some – I’d gotten frustrated at having to wait for so many “next” books, that I’d given up reading any series for a while.  Beautiful Creatures is the one that started me again.  That said I’m behind; I got three-fourths of the way through book two, and gave it to a desperate student and never got back to it.  With the movie coming out soon, I think I will pick it back up--good thing it’s on my Kindle.  The library physical copies are always out of the library.




Comments

Popular Posts