Slated by Teri Terry

Kyla wakes up with no memories.  She’s been slated, given a clean slate, a do-over, a chance to start again, to atone for her sins.  She can’t remember the sins or crimes she may have committed, so she shouldn’t repeat them.  At least, that’s the plan.  But yet, Kyla is different, she has nightmares, she’s not as compliant, suggestible, or smiley as a normal slated.  I read this in a couple of days, The world building was not overwhelming, and yet I felt like I wouldn’t want to live in this world.  Actually, I think Britain could give off some of the vibe I got from Slated. Kyla is the strong one, yet her nightmares hold her back.  Ben, her potential love interest, is easily suggestible, and so he is the one to do something. 


Much of this book is a set up for the series, dystopian being the hot new trope, thanks to the Hunger Games.  If you liked Delirium, I think you’ll like this one.  


Comments

Popular Posts