Every Day by David Leviathan




Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.
It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

A day after I’ve finished, my thoughts are still jumbled.

·         Could be a sequel
Do I want a sequel?
·         I can't imagine this life...
A does such a good job describing it – I get it. I don’t want it for myself, but I get it.
·         Could I love someone who had a different body everyday?
·         Is it the body or the soul we love?
·         The ending Is perfect… perfectly awful, and painful, but perfect.
·         A, in the end, is a selfless person, and much better than me.

Favorite Quote:

                “This is what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world. It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to make it possible, endlessly possible. And when it’s just the two of you, alone in a room, you can pretend that this is how it is, this is how it will be.” p. 175

Comments

Popular Posts