Wednesday why not read...Scorch by Gina Dimaco

Lex, Driggs, and the rest of the junior reapers are on the run trying to find Zara before she gets her hands on the Wrong Book. Zara needs it to complete her power takeover and is killing lots of innocents to convinced Lex to hand it over.

I got bogged down in the middle of this one and quit reading for about a month. It was okay but started to feel a bit soap opera like and lost most of the snarkiness that characterized the first book Croak, and kept me interested.  I’m glad I finished but this is certainly a place holder in the series. Some plot issues are wrapped up, but others are opened wide, waiting to be resolved in book three.   I’m buying the third one for the high school but I can wait for the summer to read it.



Comments

Popular Posts