We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

16143347


Cady lives a privileged life; every summer she spends on her grandfather’s private island is like a dream.  Until summer fifteen, which she can’t remember. 

What and why Cady can’t remember make up the basis of this compelling mystery.  Many will keep turning pages of the novel as I did, hoping, yet dreading, to find out what happened.  What could be so awful hat she’s block out al memory of it?  What could be so terrifying that she has migraines that take her under for days, addicted to pain pills? 


I can think of several people who will like this novel.  It’s a definite Gateway possibility, I hope my other committee members like it as well as I do!  I’ve enjoyed other E. Lockhart books before, but this one was more dramatic than funny like The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, or Fly on the Wall, but equally engaging.  

Comments

Popular Posts