Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon



Imagine living your whole life inside, because you are allergic to everything. What if one day a beautiful boy moved in next door? Is the world you know enough? Or do you choose to want more?

This was quite a roller coaster ride for me. I felt so much for Maddy. I wanted her to not be stuck inside. I marveled at her patience. I was excited at the prospect of a new friend for her. Olly was an interesting character, but I wanted to know more. Since we’re limited by Maddy being the narrator, we didn’t get into Olly’s head like hers. I wanted to know more of what he was thinking.


I don’t want to talk about the plot too much as it will turn spoilery. But I read this in two big chunks, so it kept my attention easily. It’s filled with charts and drawings to illustrate Maddy’s thoughts, and has email transcripts that further the plot line. I’m glad I bought this for the library. I think it will be popular. (Update--it's been very popular!)

Comments

Popular Posts