Review: The Night We Said Yes

The Night We Said Yes The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this up because I was in the mood for a second chance romance. I finished it because the alternating chapters of Then (a year ago) and Now, kept me on my toes even though I knew where we were going. It took the "scenic route."

Matt moved away and never returned Ella's phone calls or emails, leaving her worried about him, then heartbroken. They hadn't even broken up! He comes back six months later and wants her to recreate the first night they met, hoping to win her back. Ella's hurt, and rightfully so; Matt had his reasons, for what he did, but she doesn't trust him anymore.

I loved this sweet romance. Matt and Ella are typical teenagers trying to figure out who they are, and how they want to live their lives. I liked the format; I even like the idea of a night where you say yes to everything. (There are limits in game, already in place.)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts