Review: This Raging Light

This Raging Light This Raging Light by Estelle Laure
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been hoarding this book for myself, at school, knowing I would want the time to really take it in. It's been described at beautiful, and it is, but I was completely taken over by the story. I loved this book. It's going onto my top five list of this year. And there is a sequel! I am so excited!

Lucy's dad went crazy one night and the whole town knows. What they don't know is that Lucy's mother left on "vacation" and hasn't come back; leaving Lucy to take care of her nine year old sister. All she has going for her is a house that is paid for, due to her dead aunt, and a month of paid up bills. Some senior year, huh? Complicating matters even more, is her love for her best friend's twin brother, Digby, who already has a girlfriend.

Lucy is so strong, that she forgets when to ask for help. Her growth from a regular teen to a responsible adult is compelling, and unfortunately, something I think too many kids have to do, when their parents flake out on them.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts