Review: Scythe

Scythe Scythe by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This. Was. Great.

Mortality is dead. In a world where diseases are vanquished and people can "turn the corner" and have a newer, younger body, Scythes serve as population control. Gleaning people at random, or by statistics, or however they choose. Citra and Rowen are chosen as apprentices, something neither of them wants, which actually makes them perfect for the job.

I love the world building, I love how Neal shows that even in a utopia, there are still people who are human, who will find a way to push boundaries, and be evil. I found the idea of the "cloud" becoming an almost all powerful "Thunderhead." I am so curious to see where this goes. This series starter does wrap up the prominent plot line, but leaves things open for more in the larger "world." I'll come back to this one to finish.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts