Review: All the Gallant Men: An American Sailor's Firsthand Account of Pearl Harbor

All the Gallant Men: An American Sailor's Firsthand Account of Pearl Harbor All the Gallant Men: An American Sailor's Firsthand Account of Pearl Harbor by Donald Stratton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I need to buy this for my library. It is an easy read that will appeal to my boys who love war stories. Bonus that it is a memoir with a photo insert section. It made me cry in places, the horror and heartbreak of the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor was well written and detailed enough to get to me but not make me ill. The poem that Eleanor Roosevelt carried around in her wallet for the rest of her life is worth reprinting here.

Dear Lord,
Lest I continue
My complacent way,
Help me to remember that somewhere,
Somehow out there
A man died for me today.
As long as there be war,
I must answer
Am I worth dying for?


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts