Review: The Girl from Everywhere

The Girl from Everywhere The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really liked this one! I remember first seeing the cover and thinking--ooh, I need that one.

Nixie and her father can travel the world, in all of time, as long as they have a map. Slate, her father, is a Navigator. He is able to skip from one edge of a map to another. But they can only use each map once. He's been trying to get back to Hawaii, to Nixie's mother (before her death,) unsuccessfully for years. Always in search of map that will work, they travel to places real and imagined, collecting more maps, creatures, mythological items, and a few people along the way. In the back of Nixie's mind is worry--what if he finds her mother? Will she still be alive? Or will she disappear?

The adventure and relationships between the characters drew me in and kept me interested in this book. It is a series starter, but with NO cliffhanger ending. I'll be sure to read the next one.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts