Review: The Memory Book

The Memory Book The Memory Book by Lara Avery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think I may have just cried my contacts out of my eyes. This book was such an emotional read.

Sammie goes from driven high school senior, on the debate team, valedictorian to someone with advanced stages of NPC http://nnpdf.org/overview/#NPC in a matter of months. Her change in physical and mental development match her changes in personality and character. Her growth is chronicled in her memory book--she's writing to remember, and guide her future self. My mother-in-law had with Alzheimer's disease, making this very hard to read towards the end. Know that there is no happy ending here--no magical cure for this rare but very real disease. But the relationships between the characters are realistic and so well written. I'm going to need to buy this one for my high school.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts