Review: Tell Me Three Things

Tell Me Three Things Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jessi is reeling from the death of her mother and her father's sudden remarriage, which in turn upends her from her home in Chicago and moves her to LA. After starting in her new school, she gets an anonymous email from SN (Somebody/Nobody) offering to answer her school questions and just help her out. She is unsure if it is a prank, or the real thing. From the beginning of the book when the subject line of their emails kept changing, it made me laugh. SN's identity is not revealed until the end of the book, but there are three boy options for her to choose from, and I enjoyed it as she and her new friends (thanks to SN's suggestion) tried to figure out who he is. (I guessed him correctly and am inordinately proud of myself!)

I loved this book. There is so much going on: grief, moving to a new place, new friendships, changing friendships, homesickness, new step-sibling, step-mother, personal growth, bullying, and body image. I feel like Ms. Buxham did a great job of capturing so many things that teens feel. Her author note in the back was also very revealing. This will be one of my summer favorites.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts