Review: Nemesis

Nemesis Nemesis by Brendan Reichs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Every even numbered birthday since Min was eight, she's been murdered violently. Yet she always wakes up the next day in the woods, alive and whole. After telling her story twice, at eight and ten, she vows to keep silent. She's diagnosed with associative personality disorder, and given medication. Flash forward to her 16th birthday murder: the stranger who appears every year speaks, "Last time." In the midst of all of this an asteroid is coming that could devastate Earth. Oh, and as always there is the regular high school bully stuff. Betrayals will come, questions will be asked, and Min will find out very few can be trusted.

This was quite a ride. I'm still not sure I understand everything, myself. The end left me with many questions. It is an interesting dystopian, since it is modern day--not quite the usual. The characters even referenced [book: The Hunger Games.}

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts