Review: Jane, Unlimited

Jane, Unlimited Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Are we the sum of our choices, or does each choice spin us off in a new reality? Jane get the chance to visit Tu Reviens, the place her dead aunt made her promise to go if she ever got the chance. Once there, Jane seems to live several versions of the present, each changed by a different choice on who to follow. Mysteries are solved, expanded, and multiplied.

While this is technically fantasy, fans expecting a more Graceling like setting will be disappointed. I did enjoy this one, but it felt like a slow starter, and took quite a while to get into. I'd give it to good readers who like variations on a theme and mysteries to solve. The magical realism made me put it in fantasy, but I've moved it to mystery to see if it gets more attention there.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts