Review: You Don't Know My Name

You Don't Know My Name You Don't Know My Name by Kristen Orlando
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If spies, assassins, extractors, and covert operations are your jam--this book is for you.

Reagan has spent her whole life moving from place to place, never making real friends. Instead she's been training to defend herself, to use guns and other weapons, to hack computers, and to be a part of the Black Angels, a covert CIA group. But maybe, if someone would ask--she'd like a normal life.

Having moved every year as a military kid, I could identify with Reagan. My parents didn't train me like her's or expect me to follow in their footsteps. But leaving everyone behind never gets easier, unless they weren't really your friends to begin with. I had to put this one down at the halfway point, when I didn't want to face the plot issue that was happening, but powered through a few days later. The first half sets up the world Regan lives in, with the second half much more action filled. One frustrating aspect of the plot is that Regan is considered "gifted" but the adults don't listen to her, or even consider her input. Which of course turns out to be the motivation for her to take risks.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts