Review: Far from the Tree

Far from the Tree Far from the Tree by Robin Benway
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After Grace gives her baby up for adoption, she decides to find her own birth mother. She discovers two other siblings, an older brother and a younger sister, who have no interest in finding the "woman who abandoned them." Joaquin has been in foster care since he was a baby. Maya was adopted at birth like Grace. Can they be a family with three different lives?

I loved this book. The audio was well done. It's an emotional read. I made the mistake of finishing it in the morning before school. My makeup needed a touch up before I left.

p. 335
"That's exactly what family is, Joaquin!" Maya shouted at him. "It means that no matter where you go, no matter how far you run, you're still a part of me and Grace and we're still a part of you, too! ... And sometimes family hurts each other. But after that's done you bandage each other up, and you move on. Together."

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts