Review: Nice Try, Jane Sinner

Nice Try, Jane Sinner Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jane takes classes at community college after getting kicked out of high school. Participating in a budding reality show may or may not derail her chance at success. Jane has no idea what she wants. She is drifting after "the event," but keeps a journal recording all the things she thinks and feels, that she doesn't show or share. I could not stop reading Jane's story. I had to finish it.

Favorite quote: page 10.
"This is why I can't talk to the parents. They think you can get friends in high school the same way you get chips from a vending machine. Put in a little niceness, and some kid pops out ready to double-check your homework and paint your nails at a slumber party. Niceness is not a valid currency in high school."

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts