Review: What I Lost

What I Lost What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had put this book down about a quarter of the way through, because I just wasn't feeling it, and had other books that called to me louder. I picked it back up today, and finished it. The portrayal of Elizabeth's eating disorder is so well done. Amazingly it starts with her entrance into a treatment center. We get back story throughout as she talks with other residents and counselors. This time around I was rooting for Elizabeth to make progress and fully vested in her story. I'd like to put her mother into treatment--she needs it. I think she wins the worst mother award for the year.

This book could be triggering for those who have had eating disorders, but the hopeful tone should help.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts