Review: Want

Want Want by Cindy Pon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Set in future Taipei, where the world in divided into Mei (without) and You (to have), the yous have suits that protect them from the visible pollution in the air. The yous are rich, spoiled, and oblivious. The meis are poor, often sick, and very aware of the environment. Zhou and his friends are working against the establishment to try to create a better world for the meis. That means taking down the corporation that benefits from the sale of the suits. If everyone has to breathe the air, maybe they will care.

I want a Macfold. Whatever that is, it sounds cool. I also want a sci fi book to be a one and done. Obvy, I don't always get what I want. But, I did get a book that is very plausible in it's treatment of our environment and social structures. I love all of the different people in this book. I also love that Zhou is a literature buff. I'll finish this series.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts