Review: There's Something About Sweetie

There's Something About Sweetie There's Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sweetie decides to implement the Sassy Sweetie project to prove to herself and others that she is JUST FINE the way she is. Ashish challenges/agrees with his parents, in a moment of weakness, to set him up with a girl, since his heart has been broken by his previous girlfriend. What surprises both Sweetie and Ashish is how much they actually like each other. What is heartbreaking is Sweetie's mom's disapproval of the arrangement because of Sweetie's size. When they decide to date in secret it could all backfire at the reveal.

This book has my heart. I loved When Dimple Met Rishi and read this one even faster. Sweetie is listed as a sequel but I feel like it's a companion. Sweetie's self confidence in the face of her mother's "protectiveness" is inspiring.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts